"And Now 'Tis Time to Go and Spend an Hour or So in Drinking" is a chorus for men's voices, arranged by H.E. Baker with a translated lyric by J. Michael Dyack. The work is based on a duet by Johann Sebastian Bach, first performed in 1742 as part of the Peasant Cantata. The Virginia Glee Club used the work as part of their show closing in the 1930s under Harry Rogers Pratt and has performed it occasionally since then.
Glee Club performances[edit | edit source]
- 50th Anniversary Concert (1936)
- Concert at Barnard College (1936)
- Concert at the Plaza Hotel (1936)
- Concert at Richmond Women's Club (1936)
- Fall Concert (1952)
- Concert at Madison College (1953)
- Concert at Hollins College (1953)
- Alumni Concert in Washington (1954)
- Concert in Richmond (1958)
- Concert at Mary Washington (1958)
References[edit | edit source]
- "And Now Tis Time to Go". Nkoda.com. https://www.nkoda.com/work/And-Now-tis-Time-to-Go-from-The-Peasant-Cantata. Retrieved 2020-06-30.