Burnley Lankford (March 20, 1879 in Norfolk, Virginia – August 3, 1926) was the musical director of the Virginia Glee Club and the Mandolin and Guitar Club during the Glee Club 1902-1903 season, and was also a member in 1899-1900. He was a first year medical student during the season. While at the University of Virginia he was also on the football team. He lived in 11 West Range from 1900 to 1902 and in 2 East Range from 1905 to 1906.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Catalog of Students". University of Virginia annual announcements, with a catalog of the officers and students of the University of Virginia: 41. 1899-1900. http://xtf.lib.virginia.edu/xtf/view?docId=2005_Q4_3/uvaBook/tei/z000000173.xml;chunk.id=d23;toc.depth=1;toc.id=;brand=default;query=lankford#1.
- "Burnley Lankford". Ancestry.com. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/1029700/person/7031211990. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Corks and Curls. XIII. 1900. p. 156.
- "Virginia Cavaliers Football 1901". Fanbase. http://old.fanbase.com/Virginia-Cavaliers-Football-1901. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Lawn Directory". University of Virginia. http://giving.virginia.edu/lawnandrange/lawn-directory/. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- "Dr. Burnley Lankford". Directory of Deceased American Physicians, 1804-1929 (Ancestry.com). http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?rank=1&new=1&MSAV=1&gss=angs-g&gsfn=burnley&gsln=lankford&msbdy=1877&msypn__ftp=Norfolk%2c+Independent+Cities%2c+Virginia%2c+USA&msypn=24283&msypn_PInfo=8-%7c0%7c1652393%7c0%7c2%7c3245%7c49%7c0%7c24255%7c24283%7c0%7c&cpxt=0&catBucket=rstp&uidh=qoc&cp=0&pcat=ROOT_CATEGORY&h=76786&recoff=4+5&db=DirDeceasedPhys_ga&indiv=1&ml_rpos=1. Retrieved 2014-06-23.