The 1944 Christmas Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was directed by Stephen Tuttle and was held in Old Cabell Hall on December 17, 1944, during the 1944-1945 season. The concert was a joint performance with the Madrigal Group and featured an audience participation section.
The program is as listed in a College Topics review of the concert.
- Adeste Fideles
- Masters in This Hall (French, arr. G. Holst)
- The Hunter (Johannes Brahms)
- On Christmas Night (Sussex carol)
- On the Night of Christmas (Spanish carol)
- Joy to the World
- A Boy is Born (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- In chorus now (Christmas oratorio) (Bach)
- Let all Mortal Flesh Keep Silence (French, arr. G. Holst)
- The first Noel
- Unto us a Boy is Born
- Pat-a-Pan (French, arr. Martin Shaw)
- Le Sommell de l'enfant Jesus (A. Gevaert)
- Silent Night
- While by my Sleeping Flock (German)
- Deck the Hall (Welsh)
- The Twelve Days of Christmas (English)
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- ↑ "Audience to Help Sing Carols of Many Nations". College Topics. 1944-12-15. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=FQ4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AWkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=university-of-virginia%20glee-club&pg=5656%2C4528240.
- ↑ "Capacity Yuletide Crowd Hears Glee Club and Madrigal Group". College Topics: p. 1. 1945-01-05. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fg4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=AWkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6357%2C4548345. Retrieved 2017-11-12.