The 1945 Christmas Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was held on December 16, 1945 in Old Cabell Hall as part of the Glee Club 1945-1946 season. Conducted by Stephen Tuttle, the concert included a guest appearance by the Madrigal Group.
Program[edit | edit source]
- Adeste fideles (Audience, VGC, MG)
- Choruses from the Messiah (George Frideric Handel (1685-1759))
- Joy to the World (Handel) (Audience, VGC, MG)
- Deck the hall (Welsh carol, arr. Frederick Erickson)
- The Hunter (from Marienlieder, Op. 22) (Johannes Brahms (1833-1897))
- Silent Night (Franz Grüber (1787-1863))
- Salvation is created (Paul Chesnokov (1877-))
- Choral--My soul there is a country (setting from Cantata 161) (Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750))
- The first Nowell (English traditional carol)
- On Christmas night (Sussex carol, arr. S.D.T.)
- Alleluia (Randall Thompson)
- Hark, the herald angels sing (Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847))
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.