The 1999 Virginia Glee Club Concert in Washington, DC was conducted by Bruce Tammen as part of the Glee Club 1998-1999 season. Held April 23, 1999 in New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, the concert featured a selection of lighter Glee Club repertoire.
A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
Program[edit | edit source]
- Duo Seraphim (Tomas Luis de Vittoria (1540-1611))
- O Magnum Mysterium (Jacob Handl (1550-1591))
- Ave Maris Stella (Edvard Grieg (1843-1907))
- Hvad est du dog skjøn (Grieg)
- Lord, Now Lettest Thou Thy Servant (Alexandre Gretchaninoff (1864-1956))
- Norden (Jean Sibelius (1865-1957))
- Chorus of Returning Pilgrims from Tannhäuser (Richard Wagner (1813-1883))
- Alleluia (Randall Thompson (1899-1984))
- Ave Maria (Anton Bruckner (1824-1896))
- Shenandoah (James Erb)
- Glory… Only Begotten Son (Gretchaninoff)
- Ain'-A That Good News! (African American spiritual, arr. William Dawson)
- Drink to me only with thine eyes (Colonel Mellish (1777-1817))
- You Go to My Head (J. Fred Coots, arr. Bruce Tammen) - J. Craig Fennell, tenor
- All the Things You Are (Jerome Kern (1885-1945)) - William Bennett, baritone
- Ave Maria (Franz Biebl (b.1906))
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Program courtesy of the collection of Jeff Slutzky.