The 1953 Fall Concert of the Virginia Glee Club, conducted by Donald MacInnis, was a collaboration with the University of North Carolina Glee Club, Joel Carter conducting. Held November 20, 1953 in Old Cabell Hall, it was part of the Glee Club 1953-1954 season. UVA lost the home game the following day against UNC, 7 to 33.
A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
- Truth Shall Deliver (William Schumann (1910-)) (UNCGC/VGC)
- Hosanna to the Living Lord (Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)) (VGC)
- Passing By (Edward Purcell (1689-1740), arr. S.D. Tuttle) (VGC)
- Once, twice, thrice, I Julia tried (Henry Purcell (1659-1695)) (VGC)
- Swansea Town (Hampshire folk-song, arr. Gustav Holst) (VGC)
- The silver moon is shining (Italian folk-song, arr. A.T. Davison) (VGC)
- Loch Lomond (Scottish folk-song, arr. Roy Ringwald) (VGC)
- O Filii et Filiae (Volkmar Lesring (d. 1637)) (UNCGC)
- When Jesus Wept (William Billings (1746-1800)) (UNCGC)
- Alto Rhapsody, Op. 53 (Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)) (Soloist: Arlene Soskey) (UNCGC)
- Brothers, Sing On! (Edvard Grieg (1843-1907), arr. H. D. McKinney) (UNCGC)
- The Long Day Closes (Arthur Sullivan (1842-1900)) (UNCGC Glee Club Octet)
- Down Among the Dead Men (English drinking song, arr. R. Vaughan Williams) (UNCGC)
- There's Nothing Like a Dame, from South Pacific (Richard Rodgers)
- Carolina Loyalty Song (Haesche-Carter) (UNCGC)
- Hark the Sound of Tar Heel Voices (Alma Mater) (UNCGC)
- University of Virginia Glee Club Octet
- Traditional Chanteys (arr. Marshall Bartholomew) (VGC)
- Away to Rio!
- Old Man Noah
- It Ain't Necessarily So, from Porgy and Bess (George Gershwin) (VGC) (Soloist: Robert Guilford)
- University of Virginia Songs (VGC)
- ↑ "All Time Results". Virginia Sports. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/virginia/1953-schedule.html. Retrieved 2019-05-29.