The 1954 Fall Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was a joint concert with the University of North Carolina Glee Club. Held November 19, 1954 in Old Cabell Hall as the opening concert of the Glee Club 1954-1955 season, the concert was conducted by Donald MacInnis; Joel Carter conducted the UNC Glee Club. The Virginia Gentlemen also participated in the concert.
UVA lost the home game against UNC the following day, 14 to 26.
- Chorus of Peers, from Iolanthe (Arthur Sullivan (1842-1900)) (VGC)
- To all you ladies now on land (J.W. Callcott (1766-1821)) (VGC)
- The Battle of Jericho (Negro Spiritual, arr. Marshall Bartholomew) (VGC)
- The Foggy, Foggy Dew (American folk song, arr. Scott) (UNCGC) (Baritone solo: James Chamblee)
- The Scissors-Grinder (Flemish folk song, arr. Jüngst) (UNCGC)
- I Wish I Were Where Helen Lies (Scottish folk song, arr. Whitehead) (UNCGC)
- The Campbells are Coming (Scottish folk song, arr. Davison) (UNCGC)
- Selections by the University of Virginia Glee Club Octet
- Down in the Valley (Kentucky folk song, arr. Mead) (VGC)
- The Hunting Song (Tom Lehrer, arr. M.D.M.
- Tarantella (Randall Thompson (1899-)) (UNCGC/VGC)
- Chorale: My Chosen King is Christ the Lord (J.S. Bach (1685-1750)) (UNCGC)
- The Virgin's Slumber Song (Max Reger (1873-1916)) (UNCGC)
- UNC Loyalty Song (Haesche-Carter) (UNCGC)
- Hark the Sound of Tar Heel Voices (UNC Alma Mater) (UNCGC/VGC)
- Virginia, Hail, All Hail! (UVA Alma Mater) (UNCGC/VGC)
- ↑ "All Time Results". Virginia Sports. http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/all-time-results.html#1950. Retrieved 2018-06-11.