The 1994 Virginia Glee Club Finals Concert was conducted by John Liepold and was held at University Baptist Church on May 21, 1994. The final concert of the 1993-1994 season featured highlights from the four seasons from 1990 to 1994, including Edvard Grieg's "The Great White Host" (previously performed in 1990-1991), Maurice Duruflé's "Ubi Caritas," and "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" (1991-1992 season), and selections from the 1993-1994 "Ave Maria" sets.
The concert was the final Glee Club appearance as students for the following members:
Fennell was to remain active in the Glee Club for several more years after graduation.
- Ubi Caritas (Maurice Duruflé (1902-1986))
- Ave Maria (13th Century Plainchant)
- Missa Ave Maria (Cristobal de Morales (c. 1500-1553))
- Ave Maria (Alice Parker (b. 1925))
- Ave Maria (Mark Keller (b. 1954))
- Non Nobis, Domine (William Byrd (1543-1623))
- Come Again, Sweet Love (John Dowland (1563-1626))
- Poor Wayfaring Stranger (Moore/Loach)
- The Great White Host (Op. 30, No. 10) (Edvard Grieg (1843-1907)) (Tim Jarrett and John Lin, tenors)
- Shenandoah (arr. James Erb) (James Erb, conductor)
- Betelehemu (Olatunji/Whalum)
- New Day (David/Knight)
- Hold On (arr. Eugene Thamon Simpson)
|1994 Finals Concert program|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.