The 1936-1937 season of the Virginia Glee Club was directed by Harry Rogers Pratt. The officers were McDonald Wellford, president, Frantz Hershey, business manager, and H. L. Bailey, librarian and accompanist.
- Concert at the Waldorf-Astoria (December 1936)
- Concert at Washington DC (1937)
- Easter Week Concert (1937)
- Concert at Norfolk (1937)
This is the roster as of the Easter Week Concert (1937), augmented by the membership list in Corks and Curls, and may not include all who sang in the Glee Club during the 1936-37 season.
Second Tenors: F.C. Armistead, W.L. Baldwin, R.O. Deininger, H.B. Field, E.T. Harrison, Frantz Hershey, T. O'M. Hindman, W. Jensen, A. Luttrell, E.L. Malone, A.H. Meyer, F.P. Nichols, M.M. Ramsey, K.A. Sparrow, P.K.Sheffield, A.C. Stever
First Basses: Gerald A. Berlin, Thomas P. Bryan, H.C. Chamberlain, W.M. Cushman, M. Deekins, B. Diener, Thomas S. George, A.P. Gray, P.H. Hoge, W.W. Jones, L.B. Lee, Ernest Mead, H.L. Meisel, R.S. Mickey, H.C. Mirmelstein, W.T. Purdum, D.R. Webb, C. Williams, H.B. Williams, C.J. Wright
Other members who are listed as participating during this season include Kenneth Seaman Giniger.
- ↑ "Wellford Made President of University Glee Club". College Topics: p. 1. 1936-05-07. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=ng4tAAAAIBAJ&sjid=52kEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee%20club&pg=3446%2C2435997.
- ↑ Corks and Curls. 50. 1937. p. 288.
- ↑ "Glee Club". UVA Visual History Collection. https://search.lib.virginia.edu/catalog/uva-lib:2161691#?c=0&m=0&s=0&cv=0&xywh=2284%2C365%2C855%2C634. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1935-1936||Glee Club of the 1930s||1937-1938|