The 1939-1940 season of the Virginia Glee Club was directed by Harry Rogers Pratt. Officers of the group included Thomas P. Bryan, president and Marvin Perry, manager. Activities included a trip to New York to perform on CBS Radio and a concert with the Randolph-Macon Woman's College Glee Club. The Tin Can Quartet was also active, giving performances in Washington, DC.
The radio performances are recorded at the University of Virginia Library.
- Don Cossack Chorus (1940) - sponsored by the Virginia Glee Club
- Concert at the Plaza Hotel (1940)
- Concert at Randolph-Macon (1940)
This roster is as of the Concert at the Plaza Hotel (1940) and the 1940 Corks and Curls, and may not include all the members of the 1939-1940 season.
Tenor I: D.A. Brewster, R.K. Burke, L.G. Carr, J.V. Davis, Frank R. Dunham, Edward Lyman, Robert McKim, Daniel H. Payne, Robert B. Posnick, E.B. Roller, George G. Shackelford, C.B. Sharpe, Marshall J. Snapp, Lawrence Snoddy, Vincent Tramonte
Tenor II: J.M. Ackerson, James Borden, C.P. Bradford, W.F. Brunner, Hollis Chenery, G.M. Dawes, Bruce G. Eberwein, Robert Gravatte, John Greenleaf, W.W. Knight, Girard R. Lowrey, J.K. Mallard, Gilbert D. Martin, Howard E. Medinets, R.E. Morse, M. Mullally, Randolph P. Pillow, Charles Rawolle, W.T. Roberts, J.L. Rogers, C.R. Walter, Robert Welch, W. L. Willis, Louis T. Wilds, L.G. Woody, Robert Ziegler
Bass I: Gerald A. Berlin, Edward Berry, W.B. Black, B.H. Bode, G.B. Boone, Thomas P. Bryan, Jr., D.P. Bryon, G.C. Carrington, Edward N. Cheek, Albert Cocke, C.W. Coleman, Martin Cowen, H.A. Dann, G. Denison, Robert Fitzgerald, Frederick Hicks, F.A. Keppelmann, Charles F. Lloyd, Philip P. Marvin, Hugh E. Russell, R.S. Scott, A.H. Stoddard, W.G. Suhling, Thomas M. Thornhill
Bass II: M.M. Arthur, D. Bruce, C. Callery, J.H. Carruth, F.S. Dudley, Lloyd Edwards, E.B. Graham, Thomas Griffis, J.E. Harper, Beverly Jones, S.J. Kirsten, E.G. Lorenz, C.H. Madden, Fielding Mercer, James E. Palmer, John M. Perry, Marvin Perry, Moss Plunkett, R.G. Reed, Harrison Robertson, J.B. Tucker, Samuel Williams
- ↑ "Glee Club Leaves Tomorrow Morning for New York Broadcast, Concert". College Topics: p. 1. 1940-02-28. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6AstAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JWkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=tin-can-quartet&pg=5833%2C3533969.
- ↑ "Radio Items". College Topics: p. 2. 1940-02-26. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=6AstAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JWkEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=4391%2C3522517.
- ↑ "R-M, Gleemen to Present Concert". College Topics: p. 1. 1940-04-03. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7AstAAAAIBAJ&sjid=JWkEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4110,3639877&dq=glee-club&hl=en.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1938-1939||Glee Club of the 1940s||1940-1941|