The 1985-1986 season of the Virginia Glee Club was conducted by Donald Loach. Officers included Thad Polk, president, Mark Boodée, vice president, Vertram Darrell Dabney, business manager, Charles P. Wise, Jr., secretary, Andrew Kopser, librarian, Marshall Ginn, tour manager, Wade Wilson, stage manager, and Stephen Harrison, foreign tour manager. The season was to have included an overseas tour to West Germany, Holland, Austria, and Switzerland with the University Singers, but the students voted to cancel the tour after numerous incidents of international terrorism in the wake of Ronald Reagan's bombing of Libya.
Concerts[edit | edit source]
- Chorkonzert (1985)
- 45th Annual Christmas Concert
- Concert of Early Music (1986)
- Concert on the Lawn (1986)
Tours[edit | edit source]
- European Tour (1986) (aborted)
Roster[edit | edit source]
This roster is as of the Finals Concert (1986) and may not include all participants in the season.
Bass: David Breen, Scott Butler, Darryl Churchill, Seung Jo Han, Fielding Johnson, Daniel Kothmann, Thomas Larus, Bradley Marino, Ernest Mathews, Gilbert Pearman, Mark Salyer, Todd Takken, Wade Wilson
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ludemann, Cynthia (April 19, 1985). "Glee Club performs on Lawn tomorrow". Cavalier Daily: p. 5. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=PKQcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2HEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1264%2C6974912.
- Long, Katie (1986-04-21). "Concern over trips voiced". The Cavalier Daily: p. 1. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=pOkhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1XEEAAAAIBAJ&dq=glee-club&pg=1796%2C7896138.
|Previous season||Decade||Next season|
|1984-1985||Glee Club of the 1980s||1986-1987|