The February 1894 concert of the Virginia Glee Club was a joint concert with the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs. Held in the Levy Opera House in Charlottesville on February 12, 1894, the concert followed the Glee Club's 1894 tour and featured some of the same repertoire, including the first recorded performance of "Here's to old Virginia."
Program[edit | edit source]
Part I[edit | edit source]
- Here's to old Virginia (Glee Club)
- Triumph March (Banjo Club) Lansing
- Love’s But a Dream—Waltz (Mandolin) (Arling Shaeffer)
- Merry Poverty (Glee) (Kremser)
Part II [edit | edit source]
- Alvarado-Spanish Serenade (Mandolin) (Henlein)
- Phantom Band (Quartet and Glee) (Thayer)
- Normandie March (Banjo) (Armstrong)
- British Patrol (Mandolin) (Asch)
Part III[edit | edit source]
- Andalusia—Valse Espanole (Mandolin) (Le Thierra)
- The Owl and the Pussy Cat (Mr. Buthe and Club) (De Koven)
- But One Vienna (Banjo) (Schrammel)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "A Guide to the Additional Papers of Ada Bantz Beardsworth, 1874–1953". University of Virginia Library Special Collections. http://ead.lib.virginia.edu/vivaxtf/view?docId=uva-sc/viu04026.xml#subseries202. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Jones, Matthew (2010). "Music in the Academical Village". p. 28. http://www.virginia.edu/president/kenanscholarship/work/archive_files/matthew_jones/Music%20in%20the%20Academical%20Village%202010.pdf. Retrieved 2013-12-12.