Park received a Bachelor of Arts in Drama from the University of Virginia in 1994, where he was a founding member of The New Dominions and sang in the Virginia Glee Club. He has worked as a computer graphics trainer at Sony Imageworks, and as a character technical director at Walt Disney Animation Studios and at DisneyToon Studios, where he currently works. At Disney, he has worked as a character rigger on Meet the Robinsons and Bolt.
Park's book, Understanding 3D Animation Using Maya, was written based on his experience teaching Maya at Sony Imageworks during the production of Spider-Man 2, The Polar Express, Matrix Reloaded, and Matrix Revolutions.
Park has been a contributor to Make (magazine) since September 2007 and to the Make blog since November 2008. In January 2009, Park became host of the public television series Make: television, where his segment, "Maker Workshop," demonstrates how to create and build such projects as a VCR powered cat feeder, Wii-powered personal flight recorder, portable trebuchet, and a shopping cart chair.
- ↑ "Create TV: Bio: John Park". Create TV. http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vHosts/John%20Park. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- ↑ Sierra, Vladimir. "Interview: John Park". ThinkForward. http://thinkforward.org/yadiyada_park1.htm. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "John Edgar Park, Author". Understanding Maya (web site). http://understandingmaya.com/author.html. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "John Edgar Park". Make Magagzine. http://makezine.com/pub/au/John_Edgar_Park. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "Now blogging: John Park". Make Blog. 2008-11-06. http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/11/now_blogging_john_park.html. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "DIY Invention Show Gets Public Television Premiere". Minnesota Public Radio. 2009-01-09. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/01/09/diy_invention_show_gets_public_television_premiere/?refid=0. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- ↑ "Make: Television Premiere Season Show Descriptions". http://makezine.tv/episodes/. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "Gareb Shamus, Gran Turismo 4, Dark Tip". Screen Savers. 2005-02-23. No. 5031. Retrieved on 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "AOTS - January 28th, 2009". Attack of the Show. 2009-01-28. No. 8325. Retrieved on 2009-08-28.
- ↑ "AOTS - February 26th, 2009". Attack of the Show. 2009-02-26. No. 8404. Retrieved on 2009-08-28.