Malcolm Woodson Gannaway (born October 3, 1889 in Sandidges, Virginia; died May 14, 1967 in Little Rock, Arkansas) was the president of the Virginia Glee Club during the 1910-1911 season and the 1915-1916 season.
Gannaway was a member of Phi Delta Theta and the Jefferson Literary and Debating Society, and graduated from the University in 1911 with a B.A., where he sang a solo during the baccalaureate ceremony. He won the Rumrill Graduate Scholarship to Harvard and subsequently received an M.A. from Harvard in 1912. He returned to the University of Virginia as a summer session instructor, teaching mathematics at the University of Virginia Summer Session during the 1912, 1913, and 1914 sessions, teaching English at Woodberry Forest during the year in 1912-1913. He subsequently returned to the University and obtained a law degree.
During the 1915-1916 season he returned to the re-forming Glee Club, serving as President.
Of Gannaway's voice, the Richmond Times-Dispatch wrote:
He isn't an opera singer, because he is studying law at the University, but he could be. For his voice is a soft and beautiful baritone, with range and volume sufficient for almost anything, while for quality it has rarely been approached on any stage in Richmond. And he is going to waste it reading to a bored judge what a dead judge once said! —There isn't any use in expatiating on what Mr. Gannaway sang, or how he sang It: he is studying taw. 
- "Ancestry.com". http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/8995245/person/444947953/facts. Retrieved 2013-03-14.
- "Finals Week, July 11-14, 1911". Alumni Bulletin IV (5): 1. October 1911. http://books.google.com/books?id=q8BKAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA28&dq=malcolm+gannaway&lr=&cd=25#v=onepage&q=malcolm%20gannaway&f=false.
- "Alumni Notes". Alumni Bulletin IV (3): 317. July 1911. http://books.google.com/books?id=PvccAQAAIAAJ&dq=malcolm%20gannaway&lr&pg=PA317#v=onepage&q=malcolm%20gannaway&f=false.
- "Extension Work". Madison Hall Notes X (16): 1. 1915-01-16. http://books.google.com/books?id=RoM9AAAAYAAJ&dq=%22university%20of%20virginia%22%20%22glee%20club%22&pg=PT49#v=onepage&q=%22university%20of%20virginia%22%20%22glee%20club%22&f=false.
- "University Glee Club Delights Audience". Richmond Times-Dispatch: p. 7. 1915-04-17. https://virginiachronicle.com/?a=d&d=RTD19150417.1.7&srpos=95&e=-------en-20--81--txt-txIN-%22glee+club%22+%22university+of+virginia%22------.