The 1972 Openings Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was held November 3, 1972 in Old Cabell Hall. A joint concert with the University of North Carolina Glee Club, the concert was conducted by Donald Loach as the first concert of the Glee Club 1972-1973 season. UVA lost the game against UNC the following day, 3-23.
University of North Carolina Glee Club
- Quatre petites prìeres de Saint Francois D'Assise (Francis Poulenc)
- Two Part Songs (Franz Schubert)
- Geist der Liebe
- Folk Songs and Spirituals
- Stomp Your Foot (from "The Tender Land") (Aaron Copland)
University of Virginia Glee Club
- Three Songs of Sundry Nature
- Ho who comes here? (Thomas Morley)
- Dolcissimo ben mio (Orazio Vecchi)
- Drinking Song (Zoltan Kodaly) - Charles Burch, baritone
- Three Madrigals - The Virginia Gentlemen (James Richardson, director)
- Two Cummings Choruses (Vincent Persichetti)
Combined Glee Clubs
- O welche lust (Chorus of Prisoners from the opera "Fidelio") (Ludwig van Beethoven)
Program courtesy of the collection of Donald Loach.
- "All Time Results". Virginia Sports. Archived from the original on 201 8-06-26. https://web.archive.org/web/20180626142326/http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/all-time-results.html. Retrieved 2018-06-11.