The 1945 Spring Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was held on May 20, 1945 in Old Cabell Hall. Stephen Tuttle conducted the concert, the last of the Glee Club 1944-1945 season, which featured a guest appearance by the Madrigal Group.
Program[edit | edit source]
- Psalm Fifteen, "Lord, who's the happy man" (Daniel Purcell) (Thomas Jefferson's favorite psalm)
- Iam sol recedit igneus (Melchoir Franck (1573-1639))
- O domine Jesu Christe (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (c.1524-1594))
- Popule meus (Tomás Luis de Victoria (c.1584-1611))
- By you so gently am I slain (Jacques Mauduit (1557-1627))
- Silvery flowing brooks I see (Guillaume Costeley (1531-1606))
- The month of May (Clément Jannequin (fl. 1525))
- Come, gentle Spring (from The Seasons) (Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809))
- Love Songs Op. 52 (Johannes Brahms (1833-1897))
- Then round about the starry throne (from Samson) (George Frideric Handel (1685-1759))
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.