The 1959 Spring Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was conducted by David Davis as part of the Glee Club 1958-1959 season. Held May 7, 1959 in the Newcomb Hall Ballroom, the concert was a collaboration with the Longwood College Choir, John Molnar conducting.
A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
Program[edit | edit source]
I[edit | edit source]
- Thou knowest, Lord, the secrets of our hearts (Purcell)
- Benedictus (from Missa Pange Lingua) (Des Pres)
- O vos omnes (Vittoria)
- The Peacocks (Kodaly)
(The Glee Club)
II[edit | edit source]
- In these delightful, pleasant groves (Purcell)
- With drooping wings (from "Dido and Aeneas")
- Jesu Dulcis Memoria (Vittoria)
- Sacerdotes Domini (Byrd)
- Two Choruses from "L'Allegro" (Handel)
- "Or let the merry bells ring out"
- "These delights if thou canst give"
III[edit | edit source]
- Rhapsody (from Goethe's "Harzeise im Winter," Op. 53) (Brahms)
- Mass in G: Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus and Benedictus, Agnus Dei (Schubert)
(The combined Choir and Glee Club)