The 2008 Spring Concert of the Virginia Glee Club was conducted by Frank Albinder as part of the Glee Club 2007-2008 season. Held April 20, 2008 in Old Cabell Hall, the concert featured a joint performance of the Bach Magnificat with the Wellesley College Choir.
The Daily Progress wrote about the show:
The Virginia Glee Club will present Johann Sebastian Bach's "Magnificat" with the Wellesley College Choir at 3:30 p.m. Sunday in Cabell Hall Auditorium. "Magnificat" will be performed with an orchestra. The two groups also will perform works from their respective repertoires. The Virginia Glee Club will unveil a newly commissioned piece based on the poetry of Walt Whitman.
A recording of this concert is available at the University of Virginia Library.
- The Wellesley College Choir
- Hosanna (Knut Nystedt (b. 1915))
- Salmo 150 (Ernani Agiuiar (b. 1949))
- O Viridissima Virga (Emma Lou Diemer (b. 1927))
- Five Hebrew Love Songs (Eric Whitacre (b. 1970))
- Kala Kalla
- Eyze Sheleg!
- Rakut Lucy McVeigh, violin
- Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal (Arr. Alice Parker)
- Finale (from The Gondoliers) (Gilbert & Sullivan)
- The Road Home (Stephen Paulus (b. 1949)) (Davina Canagasabey, Laura Nellums, Simone Seol, Liz Strickland, soloists)
- Alma Mater (Arr. Brian Hulse)
- The Virginia Glee Club
- Non Nobis, Domine (Rosephanye Powell (b. 1962) arr. William Powell)
- Not Heat Flames Up and Consumes (We Two) (arr. Steven Sametz (b. 1954))
- Lambscapes (Eric Lane Barnes (b. 1960))
- Gregorian Chant
- Sons of the Pioneers
- Shenandoah (arr. James Erb)
- Vive L’Amour (arr. Alice Parker and Robert Shaw)
- Virginia, Hail, All Hail (John A. Morrow '21)
- The Good Old Song (Traditional Scottish)
- The Wellesley College Choir & The Virginia Glee Club
- Magnificat in D (Johann Sebastian Bach)