The stop at the Mississippi State House was a late addition to the tour. As Liepold tells it, he received a call from Hob Bryan asking him if the Glee Club could sing "the Ave Maria" and some Virginia songs in the State House.
The group recorded its performance in New Orleans as A Dove in the Hall.
Repertoire for the tour was a combination of Renaissance and 20th century compositions and newly commissioned works, including:
- The Lamentations of Jeremiah (Part I) (Thomas Tallis )
- "De Profundis" (Arvo Pärt)
- "Shenandoah" (arr. James Erb) (Glee Club commission)
- "Come, Heavy Sleep" (Benjamin Broening) (Glee Club commission)
- "The Good Old Song" (trad/E. A. Craighill)