Welcome to Virginia Glee Club Wiki
The wiki about the oldest musical group at the University of Virginia that anyone can edit. 4,524 articles (out of 13,970 pages) since December 2009.
Read about the Glee Club 2021-2022 season (in progress) or start from one of the jumping-off points below!
- 2020-07-26: All the images on the wiki have now been indexed by date. (Phew.) There's also the start of a set of articles on Charlottesville businesses that sponsored the Glee Club over the years.
- 2015-05-14: There's a new index of all the Glee Club concerts for which a recording is available in the UVA Library system.
- 2014-09-15: Welcome, readers of the Glee Club newsletter! Here's a blog post about Glee Club guys on the Lawn!
- 2014-08-19: Check out the new, expanded indexes of Glee Club members who lived on the Lawn, both in alphabetical order and by Lawn room number (East Lawn, West Lawn, East Range, West Range, and the Crackerbox)!
- 2014-07-12: Lots more ways to find people. New indexes by state are available. We've also indexed every Glee Club alum who lived in a Lawn or Range room. Check out the list so far, which is current for as many Club guys as we have biographies.
- 2013-09-03: We haven't been idle! In addition to lots of updates in the main page categories, we've built out biographies for many Glee Club alums!
- 2011-03-14: New categories allow you to see posters and program covers at a glance.
- 2011-01-17: Significant progress. A large chunk of concert programs from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s has filled in many blanks. The 1970s are still underway and a few programs from the 1980s are next.
- 2010-06-30: We've been busy! Look at the seasons list or list of presidents for a starting point.
- 2010-01-05: Several new conductors of the Virginia Glee Club, J. A. Morrow, and others.
Contribute to this wiki
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
<createbox> width=24 break=no buttonlabel=Create new article </createbox>
Not sure where to start?
Featured article5 West Lawn, one of the original student rooms designed by Thomas Jefferson on the University of Virginia Lawn, was for many years associated with the Virginia Glee Club and the Virginia Gentlemen. While not an endowed room, it has been occupied by a Glee Club member 21 recorded times, including a period of continual occupancy from 1976-1977 to 1993-1994. Read more...
Past featured articles